This delectable, homemade peach dish is a light dessert that is the perfect choice to top of your clean eating meal plan for the week. Drizzled with olive oil and a touch of cinnamon and maple syrup, this simple dessert is a great option to use those farmers’ market peaches. The balsamic vinegar adds a nice touch of flavor, and it all comes together beautifully when warmed in the oven!
Prep time: 10 minutes / Cook time: 25-30 minutes / Serves: 4
4 large peaches, cut in half, pits removed 2 T. balsamic vinegar 2 t. ground cinnamon (+ more for garnish) 2½ T. real maple syrup, divided ½ c. heavy whipping cream
1. Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat.
2. Arrange peach halves on the baking sheet and spread the balsamic vinegar over the exposed surface with a pastry brush. Sprinkle the ground cinnamon on top, divided evenly between the peach halves.
3. Drizzle two tablespoons maple syrup on top, using the pastry brush to cover the entire surface of each peach half.
4. Place the baking sheet in the pre-heated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the peaches are tender and warmed through.
5. While the peaches are baking, pour the heavy cream into a medium mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Add the remaining maple syrup and continue beating until well combined.
6. Remove the peaches from the oven and serve warm topped with a dollop of the maple whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, if desired.
Live, Love, Chat & Eat