Serve this delicious, easy 30-minute beef taco skillet as a main course, with shredded lettuce, salsa, chopped tomatoes, extra cheese, and some warm corn taco shells or large lettuce leaves for wrapping. For a cool appetizer, as shown here, serve with tortilla chips and top with diced tomatoes, green onion, avocado, and extra cheese right before serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes/ Cook time: 15 minutes / Serves: 4
2 T. chili powder 1 T. ground cumin 1 t. ground coriander 2 t. garlic powder 1 t. smoked paprika 1 ½ t. fine sea salt 1 t. ground black pepper ½ t. ground white pepper ¼ - ½ t. cayenne pepper Store the remaining taco in an airtight container with a tight-fitting lid for up to several months.
What You Need …..
1 T. extra virgin olive oil ½ medium white onion, diced 3-4 cloves garlic, minced Sea salt and black pepper, to taste 1¼ lbs. ground beef (at least 80% lean) 2 T. taco seasoning 1 10-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes with green chilis, drained 4 oz. shredded Mexican-blend cheese (+ extra for serving or topping)
Optional, to Serve For tacos: Taco shells or lettuce wraps, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and/or extra cheese
For nachos: Tortilla chips, diced tomatoes, sliced green onions, and/or avocado
What You Need to Do ….
1. Prepare the taco seasoning by combining all ingredients in a bowl. Stir to combine and transfer to an airtight container. Set aside.
2. Add olive oil to a large skillet set over medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Stir to combine and sauté, stirring occasionally, until the onion softens and develops some color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
3. Add beef to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat from skillet.
4. Add taco seasoning and fire-roasted tomatoes and green chilis and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until tomatoes are heated through and the beef mixture is thoroughly coated in the taco seasoning, approximately 2-3 minutes. Taste, and add additional taco seasoning, if desired.
5. Remove from heat and top with shredded cheese. Cover for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve immediately with desired accompaniments. Enjoy!
Live, Love, Chat & Eat