Cast Iron Skillet Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes
No need to resort to fast food fries! Or even plainly baked potato wedges. Roast these delicious, crispy, homemade potato wedges right in your cast iron skillet with vegetable stock, olive oil, lemon wedges and some oregano.
Prep time: 20 minutes/ Cook time: 50-55 minutes / Serves: 4-6
Special Equipment 17” Cast Iron Skillet
2½ lbs. Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into thin wedges (Fingerlings, uncut, work great too) 1 t. garlic powder Sea salt and fresh-cracked black pepper, to taste ¾ c. vegetable broth ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil ½ c. fresh lemon juice
2 t. fresh lemon zest, preferably organic ½ T. dried oregano
Fresh oregano, for garnish
Lemon, for garnish
Note – If you have time, instead of sprinkling with garlic powder, add pre-roasted garlic cloves to the potatoes towards the end of cooking.
Meal Planning Tip – Roast some garlic bulbs over the weekend. Place in a storage container for an easy seasoning for your weeknight meals.
1. Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F. 2. Prep and arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a large cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the vegetable broth, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and oregano in a medium bowl and pour over the potatoes.
4. Place the skillet in the pre-heated oven and cook for 25 minutes before carefully turning the potatoes. Return to oven for another 25 minutes or until the potatoes are nicely browned and crispy on the edges.
5. After cook time is complete, remove the skillet from the oven and carefully drain and reserve any excess liquid in the skillet. Return to oven for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes nicely browned on the edges. Or, place the skillet under a hot broiler for 2-3 minutes for even crispier results.
6. Remove from oven, garnish with fresh oregano and lemon slices. Cool slightly before serving with some of the reserved cooking liquid drizzled on top. Enjoy!
Live, Love, Chat & Eat
If you love this recipe, please share it!
We have a lot more up our sleeves - thousands more! Check our premium meal plans and tasty gap recipe collections by clicking the image below for the info on our awesome recipe printables.