Spicy Honey Garlic Shrimp & Broccoli Skillet
If you are looking for a light dinner recipe, this quick and easy one-skillet dinner is packed with flavor. It is great on its own, or you can serve it over cooked rice or rice noodles for a heartier meal. Prep time: 15 minutes / Cook time: 10 minutes / Serves: 4-6
1 T. sesame oil 1 T. sugar-free chili garlic sauce 2-3 large cloves garlic, finely minced ¼ c. tamari or coconut aminos 3 T. honey, preferably local ½ t. crushed red pepper flakes Skillet Ingredients 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided 1 medium red or orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced thin 3 c. fresh broccoli florets, chopped small* Sea salt and black pepper, to taste 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined 1 T. cornstarch or arrowroot 1 T. water
Optional, to Serve: White sesame seeds and/or crushed red pepper flakes
* Can use frozen broccoli that has been thawed, but it will not be as crisp tender after cooking.
1. Prepare the sauce by whisking all ingredients together in a large bowl until combined. Set aside.
2. Add one tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and broccoli and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Quickly stir fry the vegetables just until crisp tender and nicely browned, approximately 3-4 minutes. Transfer vegetables to a bowl and set aside.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add remaining olive oil to skillet. Add shrimp to the skillet and spread into a single layer without overcrowding. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring once, just until the shrimp is opaque and starts to curl, approximately 2 minutes. Do not overcook. Transfer shrimp to the bowl with sautéed vegetables. Set aside.
4. Create a slurry by combining the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl. Add the sauce and the slurry to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until the sauce thickens and clings to a spoon, approximately 2-3 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and pour the shrimp and sautéed vegetables into the skillet. Carefully toss to combine and garnish with sesame seeds and/or crushed red pepper flakes, if desired, before serving.
Live, Love, Chat & Eat
If you loved this recipe, please share it!
We have a lot more up our sleeves - thousands more! Check our premium meal plans and tasty gap recipe collections by clicking the image below for the info on our awesome recipe printables.